BACWA Nutrient Strategy Team Meeting – Agenda
BACWA Nutrient Strategy Team Meeting
Thursday December 3, 2020
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
This meeting will be held online. Contact us for teleconference link.
- Summary of Discussions with the Water Board
- Load Caps in the 3rd Watershed Permit
- The argument for performance-based load caps
- Features of load caps (e.g., compliance schedules, incentives for early action and multi-benefit projects, consideration of variability)
- BACWA survey to collect information about agency planning and implementation
- What are agencies planning for different reduction scenarios?
- Are they accounting for further reductions in the future?
- What are the costs and timing?
- Timing considerations for the 3rd Watershed Permit
- Pros and cons of a permit extension
- Science needs prior to 3rd Watershed Permit adoption
- Subembayment designation and trading
- Alternatives for subembayment designation
- BACWA Executive Board 12/18 meeting: Paul Stacey presentation on LIS Trading program and Dave Senn presentation on modelling
- Support for a long-term science program
- Potential future load reduction requirements based on science
- Long-term science funding level
- Future of the NMS
- Next steps – develop BACWA key tenets document